KEEP YOUR FORD A FORD
Know your rights when in a collision.
Collision Checklist. Accidents come out of nowhere so be prepared. Keep this brochure in your Ford vehicle in case you are involved in a collision.
Steps to follow when involved in a collision:
- Move to a safe spot if possible.
- Switch lights on and be careful when getting out of the vehicle.
- Call an ambulance (10177) or the police (10111).
- See if anyone is injured or needs assistance.
- Use the form in the brochure to collect the other driver's information or any witnesses.
Ensure your Ford is repaired the right way after after a collision.
- The decision is yours, you have the right to choose which body repair shop to use.
- You have the right to refuse, you don't have to use the body repair shop your insurance company recommends.
- It's your right to get originals parts, it's your right to choose which parts are used to replace your damaged ones.
- You may release your vehicle for repairs only when you are ready.
- Get your cost estimation completed before starting repairs.
Know your rights when in a collision. Keep this brochure in your glove compartment. If you are ever in an accident, use this guide and your phone’s camera to collect important information. Take pictures of the accident scene, road and weather conditions.